Home Delivery Operator of the Year
Online shopping has been on the increase for many years, but the pandemic gave a huge boost to home delivery as non-food shops had to close their doors. One B2C specialist described the pandemic as like “Christmas every day”.
But such rapid rises in home delivery volumes brought its own problems, with staff and systems under huge pressure and driver shortages being highlighted like never before. In this highly competitive sector, the need to deliver the best service at lowest cost did not go away and operators still had to strive to set themselves apart from their competition and position themselves as the home delivery operator of choice for both retailer and consumer.
The judges will be looking for:
- The ability to adapt to rising volumes;
- Commitment to the well-being of staff;
- A strong business performance matched by service excellence including first-time delivery rates;
- A range of delivery options to improve the end recipient experience;
- Innovation in the vehicle fleet that increased the efficiency of the operation;
- Ability to meet the ever-increasing demands of the end recipient for more flexible delivery options;
- Excellent health and safety standards;
- Evidence of the financial stability of the organisation.
This award is open to any third party of own account operator offering a home delivery service.
Zenith is the UK’s leading independent leasing, fleet management and vehicle outsourcing business.
Headquartered in Leeds, the company’s 1,200 employees manage more than 150,000 vehicles, and deliver innovative and intelligent solutions across corporate, commercial and consumer sectors. With more than 30 years’ experience, Zenith’s scale and expertise means it can specify and source almost any vehicle in any number and manage the whole process from order through to delivery.
Zenith is committed to a greener future and is leading the charge towards net zero. Its mission is to decarbonise the UK vehicle parc by eliminating tailpipe emissions, and the company is proud to be a carbon neutral organisation.