Technical Excellence Award
Whoever is responsible for managing the specification, acquisition, repair and maintenance and disposal of an operator’s fleet (be it an in-house department or a third party provider) to win this award they have to demonstrate high levels of efficiency, reliability, availability, safety and first-time annual test pass rates. Innovation is also essential – this could involve reducing fuel consumption, being more efficient or using technology creatively to solve a specific technical fleet problem.
This award is open to third party or own account operators running 11 or more commercial vehicles and vehicle or product manufacturers which have developed technical solutions to meet their customers’ operational needs.
Judges will want to see:
For an operator’s engineering department
- A brief description of your fleet operation and engineering resources;
- High levels of legal compliance (include green Roadworthiness OCRS and excellent annual test first time pass rates);
- Excellent standards of fuel consumption, reliability and vehicle availability;
- Development of new initiatives to improve efficiency, cost control or safety;
- Close working relations with drivers and the operations team.
For a manufacturer’s technical solution
- An innovative approach to developing technical products and services;
- A description of the customer’s problem and the solution developed to solve it;
- Evidence of improvements in performance resulting from the new product or service.
Hankook is one of the global top 5 companies in the mass production of tyres and manufactures innovative, award winning radial tyres of proven superior quality for passenger cars, light trucks, SUVs, RVs, trucks, buses and motorsports.
Hankook supplies tyres as original equipment to the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers and to replacement markets in over 180 countries.
Aspiring to bring consumers technological excellence and driving satisfaction, Hankook continuously invests in research and development maintaining five R&D centres and eight production facilities around the world.
Globally, Hankook employs approximately 22,000 people and sells products in over 180 countries worldwide.