Home Delivery Operator of the Year
With the online shopping boom, home delivery is today one of the fastest growing sectors in the logistics industry. But it remains a challenging business with constant pressure to deliver the best service at lowest cost. As a result operators are striving to set themselves apart from their competition and position themselves as the home delivery operator of choice for both the retailer and the consumer.
The judges will be looking for:
- A strong business performance matched by service excellence including first-time delivery rates;
- A range of delivery options to improve the end recipient experience;
- Innovation in the vehicle fleet that increase the efficiency of the operation and deliver environmental benefits;
- Ability to meet the ever-increasing demands of the end recipient for more flexible delivery options;
- Excellent health and safety standards;
- An effective logistics model which can handle seasonal peaks and unexpected demand;
- Evidence of the financial stability of the organisation.
This award is open to any third party of own account operator offering a home delivery service including parcels, pallets and two-man operations.