Haulier of the Year
This, the most coveted award in the road transport industry, is for the outstanding road haulage or 3PL company of the past year. The Haulier of the Year category is open to any company running 11 or more commercial vehicles of 7.5t GVW or over.
To win, you need to show not only strong financial results, but also a commitment to:
- Legal compliance
- Business success
- High operational standards
- Staff development
- Safety, health, environment and quality
Judges will be looking for evidence that the haulier:
- Has long term customers and does not rely on ad hoc transactional business;
- Delivers added-value rather than price-led commodity services;
- Has a system to measure and minimise fuel consumption;
- Has a well-thought-through fleet replacement policy;
- Has a strong recruitment and training policy.
Entries MUST include: three years’ audited accounts; a print out of the DVSA OCRS for every operating site covered by the entry; evidence of high levels of customer satisfaction (include contact details of five customers we can contact for feedback).
Volvo Trucks lead the field in quality, safety and care for the environment with these core values underpinning everything we do.
As such, Volvo is at the forefront of sustainable road transport with its range of alternatively-fuelled vehicles using electricity or LNG to minimise harmful emission levels.
By providing traditional diesel-powered vehicles from 10 to 150-tonnes, Volvo has provided complete transport solutions through its 85-strong dealer network in the UK and Ireland since 1967.
Volvo Trucks is part of the Volvo Group - one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment, plus marine and industrial engines.