Home Delivery Operator of the Year
Online shopping has been on the increase for many years, but the pandemic saw a boom in home delivery as non-food shops had to close their doors. One B2C specialist described the pandemic as like “Christmas every day”.
But such rapid rises in home delivery volumes brought its own problems, with staff and systems under huge pressure. But in this highly competitive sector, the need to deliver the best service at lowest cost did not go away in the pandemic and operators still had to strive to set themselves apart from their competition and position themselves as the home delivery operator of choice for both the retailer and the consumer. All this while making sure staff and consumers remained safe and healthy.
The judges will be looking for:
- The ability to adapt to rising volumes
- Commitment to the well-being of staff
- A strong business performance matched by service excellence including first-time delivery rates
- A range of delivery options to improve the end recipient experience
- Innovation in the vehicle fleet that increased the efficiency of the operation
- Ability to meet the ever-increasing demands of the end recipient for more flexible delivery options
- Excellent health and safety standards
- Evidence of the financial stability of the organisation.
This award is open to any third party of own account operator offering a home delivery service.