Operational Excellence Award
The operations department contains the key people who make the logistics world work. Often the unsung heroes of any operation, during the pandemic the pressure to juggle the need for the business to make a profit, the demands of customers for high service levels and the absolute requirement to run legally at all times has never been greater.
Judges will be looking for an outstanding ops department that is able to balance these key aspects of the job and goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the profitable, safe, legal and efficient running of their fleet. This Award is open to third party or own-account operators running 11 or more commercial vehicles.
Judges will want to see:
- A highly compliant fleet, including: a green Traffic OCRS for your site(s);
- Results from tachograph analysis (in-house or third party) showing high levels of compliance with drivers’ hours rules;
- A declaration that the site for which you are responsible has not been successfully prosecuted or called to a public inquiry in the last three years;
- Evidence of high levels of customer service (for own account operations this can include internal customers), preferably in the form of measured KPIs such as on-time, in-full delivery, or recent testimonials;
- An efficient and profitable operation, including fuel consumption and driver telematics data where available and the use of an effective transport management system.
With over 120 member partners across the UK, Palletforce offers an award-winning express distribution network that delivers to every UK postcode every day, with local customer service, expertise and flexibility.
Palletforce make it easy and cost-effective to send a pallet of freight with live tracking and real-time updates. The Palletforce approach allows smaller companies to enjoy economies of scale and a premium quality service, even on small or variable-sized consignments.
With Europe’s largest SuperHub and innovative live tracking technology, Palletforce offers a first-class freight delivery service that’s trusted by over 15,000 SME businesses every day.