Haulier of the Year
This, the most coveted Award in the road transport industry, is for the outstanding road haulage or 3PL company of the past year.
Adaptability and resilience are two key attributes of road transport, and they were in evidence in 2023 more than ever.
Hauliers have faced increasing customer demands at the same time as shortages of skilled drivers and trucks. Rising costs against a backdrop of flat volumes has meant the pressure to run the operation at optimum efficiency has become even more intense if the business is to make a profit and secure new business.
Against such a background the industry must begin to address the need to decarbonise as customers and government demand efforts to tackle the climate emergency. The Haulier of the Year Award seeks to reflect the operator that has been most successful in navigating this increasingly complex business and regulatory environment.
The Haulier of the Year category is open to any company running 11 or more commercial vehicles of 7.5 tonnes GVW or over.
To win this Award, you need to show:
- Excellent customer service and evidence of high levels of customer satisfaction
- Agility and flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions
- Leadership on environmental sustainability including a clear strategy for reducing carbon emissions
- Commitment to the safety of both employees and other road users
- A strong staff welfare policy that includes mental and physical well-being
- A sound commercial strategy which includes long term partnerships with customers rather than transactional relationships
- Maintaining the highest operational standards including a declaration the company has not been called to a PI in the last three years
Entries MUST include: three years’ audited accounts and a download or screen grab of the DVSA OCRS for every operating site covered by the entry.
MAN Truck & Bus offers a comprehensive range of Commercial Vehicles Trucks, Vans, Buses, Coaches and Industrial Engines to operators and companies throughout the UK.
Through building trusted relationships, developing a deep understanding of our customers’ and business partners’ needs and by focusing on the innovative principle of uptime and unique fleet management programs, MAN takes pride in delivering an outstanding road transport service.
The highly acclaimed and award winning MAN product range starts with the 3.0 to 5.5-tonne TGE Van, Trucks include the 7.5-tonne TGL, the medium weight TGM, the multi-axle TGS and the 44-tonne to 250-tonne TGX Flagship.